- This BBQ chicken pizza was my dinner last night at Project Pie. So yummy and great prices!
- What is it about this time of year that makes it so difficult for me to blog as much as I would like to? If you remember from last year, it was about this time that I had a slight "gap" in my postings. That happened because I was in the process of changing careers and was running myself ragged trying to tie up loose ends at my old job and train for the new one at the same time. This time it hasn't been one big thing, but a bunch of little ones keeping me from writing. Don't you worry, though. I spent this morning brainstorming and developing some recipes, so you'll have some great ones ready for the holidays! I'll also have some great giveaways coming up in the next month or so, too, so stay tuned! Woohoo!
- What I have been doing lately is binge watching entire seasons of shows on Netflix. I've mentioned many times before that I LOVE binge watching and that this is my favorite time of year because Netflix releases all of the most recent full season's of some of my favorite shows to watch. I think I mentioned that I watched Scandal and Sons of Anarchy and I've also completed the second season of Hart of Dixie, am almost done with Parenthood and saw today that the final season of Damages has been released. And, of course, The West Wing is always in the rotation :) Ahhh, I love Netflix.
- My parked car is always a magnet for getting hit. Last week my car was hit for the fourth time while parked. One time while my car was getting fixed from being hit while parked, my rental car was hit while it was parked outside my apartment. Yup.
- Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday, is coming up! Besides binge watching on Netflix, I love this time of year because the Thanksgiving issues of my favorite food magazines come in the mail! I've been savoring the most recent (Thanksgiving) issue of Food & Wine and reading a little bit each night. I just don't want it to end!
- I was all set to post what I knew would be an amazing brownie recipe this week. Then I had a brownie fail this past weekend :( I used the wrong size pan to make my brownies and they literally overflowed in the oven. Also, since I didn't use the right pan, I had to cook the brownies for longer than normal and the tops got really dry and kinda burnt :( Don't worry, I'm trying again and hope to share with you soon!
- This weekend I'm heading home to San Francisco to run the Nike Women's Marathon (or half marathon, in my case) for the second year in a row. Last year I wasn't able to train at all because of the craziness of switching careers and this year, although I wasn't able to train nearly as much as I wanted, I was able to train a little bit. I was going great and totally on track for the first four weeks of training then things started to happen-- I had to have emergency oral surgery and wasn't allowed to exercise, then once I was ready to run after surgery, I had a terrible fall at work and hurt my ankle badly. After the ankle was nice and healed, it got SUPER hot in San Diego (like, it was actually hot, not just San Diego hot) and it didn't bode well for my running. After the weather cooled I got really bad allergies which running made worse. After that I was ready to train. Unfortunately that was only about a month ago. I've been able to get out some good runs since, so I'm hoping for a nice run Sunday!
- Today on my morning run, I decided that I don't trust people who work out in neon shoes. I know that sounds bad and I'm totally judging a book by its cover, but I feel like the "wearer of the shoes" is more into the looks of the shoes than the functionality. I'm sure I'm totally wrong, but that's just my opinion :)
Have a great week!